The Importance of Cybersecurity Over ChristmasNovember 9th, 2017
Are you looking forward to the Christmas break? Well, so are cybersecurity hackers! Unfortunately, while you’re relaxing on the sofa eating the abundance of chocolate oranges you have received, they’re digging deep into your computer’s data.
Believe it or not, there is usually a sharp rise in hacker attacks around Christmas and New Year when people’s attention is diverted away from their PCs. We want to help stop this!
That’s why the team at Ghost IT Support Essex have put together a few ideas to help ward off any opportunists this Christmas:
● Most hackings begin with a simple email or even SMS, which contain a link or a document containing malware. If you were to open this document or click on the link, you will allow these extremely dangerous viruses into your computer. As IT Security Experts, we ask that if you don’t trust these messages, you bin them instead.
● You have heard it all before and we’re going to tell you again; passwords need to be complex and changed regularly. You must also keep all of your passwords secret from everyone! Particularly, if you have very sensitive data, it is well worth ensuring that this is protected on a higher level: not just by the usual username and password method.rr
● What most people fear about using location-based websites and applications is being tracked! However, most phones and computers will allow you to browse the internet from an incognito mode. While it is not guaranteed to keep you completely safe, it can be another defense for your cybersecurity efforts.
● With online Christmas shopping on the rise and lots of details being shared over the internet, it’s important to have an effective and thorough encryption system like the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). At Ghost IT Solutions Essex, we use a military-grade advanced encryption to ensure all your data is kept secure.
● Despite all of our efforts, hackers are constantly developing ways of getting into computer systems to spread chaos or steal your data. The best way to protect your computer’s this Christmas would be to update your virus checker and operating system if you haven’t already.
If you’re in any doubt about your cybersecurity – try asking the experts. The team at Ghost are always here to help with your business IT support. If you would like to find out more, why not get in touch with us on 01708 390370 or email email@example.com