We Love Essex – Welcome to HarlowSeptember 8th, 2015 Contact Form Shortcode Error: Form 4 does not exist
As the IT specialist for Essex, we make a big point of knowing our territory as well as our tech and we’ve learned a lot of amazing things about the county, and the towns we are most frequently found in. There’s more to the area than white vans and Estuary English, and we’re proud to be able to keep the computers running and the data monitored in all our favourite areas.
We’ve amassed a lot of weird and wonderful information about Essex which is too much fun to keep to ourselves – but even if we’re not professional historians, we can certainly help you out with anything computer-related…
Harlow – Our new head office and stomping ground
• Harlow New Town was planned in 1947 by Sir Frederick Gibberd, primarily to house people from East London whose homes had been destroyed during the war. So many young families moved out of these disadvantaged areas that Harlow was nicknamed Pram Town.
• Britain’s first pedestrianized shopping precinct, and first residential tower block, were both constructed in Harlow. The tower block – The Lawn – was built in 1951 and is now a Grade 2 Listed Building.
• The pubs in Harlow New Town were named after butterflies and moths – such as Essex Skipper, Poplar Kitten, Drinker Moth, Purple Emperor and Painted Lady – to differentiate them from the more historic inns of the neighbouring Old Harlow.
• Harlow is also renowned as a Sculpture Town, its public spaces as well as its galleries boasting a large collection of sculptures by artists such as Moore, Frink, Rodin and Hepworth.
• Harlow’s MP, Robert Halfon is a founder of the Parliamentary Academy and in 2010, engaged the first MP’s Apprentice in Parliament.
Activate Your 2 Hours Free Support Now!**
To secure your 2 Hours Free technical support in Harlow,
Simply complete the Form or call me on 01268 900032 today.
Activating your free support will only take a minute, but it could save you a lot of frustration when you need your Computer the most.
Ghost Computer Services